Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

1/24/2015

Sweet Dreams Are Made of This

I nearly got ran over ... 








On me: romper via Paris, jacket via Zara (on sale), second jacket via Zara (on sale),  thigh high boots via Hong Kong (similar) or (similar), earrings via Forever21 and Ring via Ardene 
Photography:
BCHK Photography


Stepping out of my comfort zone with an all black outfit, nearly getting ran over, and slightly risqué neck detailing.
This past December, Brian invited me to attend Backroom's second birthday celebration with him and Mildred.
Since it was a special event, I got to wear a romper I never had an occasion to wear to.
 The romper was a special find in a boutique located in Paris. It was slightly riskier due to the transparent outlining, but I felt worn with the right clothing and accents, could be pulled off as a serious statement.

Wanting to make this look as dramatic as possible I went with a dark purple lip, and crazy contouring.
I even used mascara, a product I loathe taking off at night.
Accessory wise these egyptian-esuqe earrings were a no brainer, along with my favourite watch and a single ring to accompany the look.

The day started off meeting with Brian at Pacific Place, where I was brought to Classified, a European-style al Fresco casual cafe in Hong Kong. The restaurant was a great place to talk and catch up with Brian, because it wasn't the type of place where you were rushed. No, this place held a variety of smoothies (that tasted not bad I must admit), and a killer menu that took me forever to order from.
I knew coming to Hong Kong I was going to toss the concept of a "healthy diet" out of the window, so I opted for a salad, because I knew the rest of my time in Hong Kong would be spent munching on sweets i.e. froyo, matcha parfaits, waffles, crepes, etc
Along with the salad, Brian convinced me to share a cheeseboard.
It was great.

Entering an intense food coma, and barely finishing our meal, Brian and I decided to shoot some outfit pictures for the remainder of the day before meeting Mildred for dinner.
As many time's I've worked with Brian, it never gets old.
Every time he always aids me in finding my best angles, and giving me a variety of pictures.
(that sometimes don't get placed in my blog posts, or else it'd be considered spam)

The remainder of the evening was spent at the Backroom party, catching up with other Hong Kong bloggers I haven't met in a while, along with making new friends. I must say though, the highlight of the event was the sparse variety of food available, ranging from popcorn, ice cream, cookies and so forth.
It was truly a night that inspired me.
Till next time lovelies!

Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

Xo Charmyn






Ps: Here's a snippet of what went down at the Backroom party, incase you were interested.
Can you spot me? ;)

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig