Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

12/30/2013

Midnight Sun

Dark but Bright.




















On me: headdress via komorebidiy, necklace via Hong Kong, dress via Urban Outfitters, tights via Daiso, Heels via Zara    Photos: Vera Wilde

I've been meaning to get in touch with my darker side, and no not my thug side.

As many of you know, I'm a fan of anything bright and saturated, but this time I thought it would be interesting to try something less chromatic.
Black dress, check. Diy headdress, check. magic stick staff, check. Dark lipstick, check. 
All that's missing is a black cat and a dream catcher.  
This is the second outfit I shot with Vera, and I'm extremely pleased (again) with how they turned out. 
To be frank I felt pretty idiotic flailing my arms around my head to create some majestic pose that didn't end up with me resembling a fumbling turd. Never less I had lots of fun with this outfit, feeling slightly magical with my staff and all. 
Though I must admit, it was  hilarious to hear children ask their parents what I was doing, since the parents themselves had no idea what I was doing. The funniest comment I heard was "Tai-Chi darling, it's Chinese exercise old people enjoy doing in the morning" 
That was not insulting at all to my seventeen year old existence and vanity.
Not that i'm complaining, because sometimes I do act old, no really. 
My biggest everyday struggle? Getting out of bed.
Other than going to the movie theatre more than three times this week, how was everyone's Christmas?
 I hope you guys spent it with loved ones and received whatever your heart desired.
Again, stay golden. 


Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees
Xo Charmyn

Ps: Happy New Year everyone!
Hopefully the upcoming year provides us with new opportunities and misfortune for your enemies.
>:)
Share:

5 comments

  1. hahahah tai-chi!!!! hilarious! looking good you x

    Karen
    http://helloabella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so embarrassing! Thank you for the compliment <3

      Delete
  2. Nice pics! Really love your blog!
    Following u hun<3

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I feel extremely flattered to know someone enjoys reading my blog :)

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig